Layout, Spacing, Sizing, Vertical Rhythm, and Alignment
Explore our guidelines to learn how to design cohesive and predictable products for Culture Amp using Kaizen.
- Layout: familiar ways to lay out content or other elements on a page (and responsively at different screen sizes).
- Spacing: spacing details within a component or detailed User Interface, such as between checkbox and label.
- Sizing: component sizing options i.e. "Small", "Medium", "Large": in code, `sm`, `md`, `lg`.
- Vertical rhythm: keep vertical spaces between elements on a page consistent.
- Baseline grid: the baseline is the invisible line upon which a line of text rests. A baseline grid is used to achieve vertical rhythm.
- Alignment: Horizontal rhythm in typography affects legibility.
Here are some examples from other design systems: